Friday, April 2, 2010

Exploring JPoint

I have started exploring JPoint for use with SharePoint. Like many open source projects, one of the real problems is getting any good, complete examples. On many of these projects, they are either too simple -- "hello world" only goes so far -- or vastly too complex. I guess it's the way I learn. What I really need is a reasonably complex, but straightforward, and complete example from which to work.

In this case, I am trying to simply get a list and display some information from it. I ran into a problem and have had to dig my way through a really complex -- good, but complex -- web page on which the programmer actually implemented JPoint. I have made some progress, but I can't show it here as I'm not certain I have made enough progress. When I have it complete I plan to post it so all can see and get that learning example that many of us need.

As to JPoint itself, I think it's going to do the job. I hope to be able to add to its capabilities in the future, but for now will try to contribute by adding code to this blog. Look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment