Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Ideal Laptop

OK, I see all the laptops and tablets and convertibles out there and I thought I'd put in my two-cents worth on my ideal laptop.


  • Runs OneNote or equivalent program
  • 10-11 inch screen (yes, I want something small)
  • Speedy, but the exact specs don't really matter
  • Keyboard (has to have a reasonable one, but I have small hands, so it doesn't have to be big.
  • Solid-state drive perferred, but not essential--I don't need a really large drive, but a fast one would be nice
  • At least 6-8 hours of battery life under normal usage
  • And here's the kicker...under $300 (maybe right around there)
So, now my question...why don't they do it? Yeah, I know, Chromebooks are available around that price, but I really don't want to be dependent on the Internet all the time. That's pretty much why I like the idea of Microsoft OneNote as a program. It's available on the web and also as a stand-alone if you're running windows. I really think that Microsoft should port it to Linux (Ubuntu). I know I'd may some bucks for it.

I really don't buy a computer for the operating system, but for the programs that run on it. I need just a little functionality on a really portable laptop and I'm happy.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Not onenote, but partnered with google apps makes for nice sync of notes - http://lifehacker.com/not-just-another-notes-app-why-you-should-use-google-k-509256637

    chromebook has a cellular option now, with some promos offering a free year up front.

    Also, onenote is available for chromebook/android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.onenote

    ReplyDelete