Saturday, October 4, 2014

No Saturday Morning Cartoons

This is the first Saturday morning without cartoons on the major broadcast networks in the U.S. (see http://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-first-weekend-in-america-with-no-saturday-m-1642441646).

What's the world coming to? That's what you did as a kid when I was growing up -- watch cartoons. Now, kids have so many media choices that cartoons on Saturday morning are no big deal. And the networks, looking to maximize profits, are switching to other fare while the kids are on the computer or cable consuming whatever it is they consume.

I guess it's ievitable, but, I'm sort of sorry to see it go. I know it was a habbit for me and even my kids to watch cartoons on Saturday morning. I guess this generation of youngsters will just have to start new traditions. Hopefully, they will be as fun as the old ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment