Friday, November 15, 2019

Retirement Getting Close

December 31, 2019, is approaching. As of today I have


  • 46 calendar days
  • 23 work days

People ask me if I'm excited. I'm not sure excited is a good description -- but definitely ready. I have been unemployed one day since I was 14 years old. That's 56 years of working.

  • 675 Months 24 Days
  • 2,938 Weeks 3 Days
  • 20,569 Days.
Wow! I'm ready.

People also ask me what I will be doing. Will I consult? Right now, I think the answer is I will volunteer. But, I want to volunteer in something at which I can keep active, not sit at a desk.

I also plan to travel. I'd like to have the money to go around the world, but I'll start with something a bit more local. My wife is still working, so I'll probably just get in the car and go to places I haven't been. Perhaps just turn down the road that I pass as I have traveled in the past the thought, "I wonder what's down there." It's time to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment