Thursday, January 9, 2020

One Week of Retirement

I have been retired for one week. Managing to keep busy -- writing this is one of the things I'm doing. Just got a call from a retired friend, so I'm taking my time to write this. He and his wife -- also retired -- are giving me pointers. So I'll continue in a while . . .
OK, that was fun. Don't want to overtax myself.

I went my first volunteer shift at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. 3-1/2 hours of warehouse work. Not strenuous and benefiting the work on Habitat for Humanity. If you have a Restore in your area, and you want to do some work on you house, need some appliances, or home decor, lighting, etc. you should check them out. Many of the things are unused or very lightly used, can save you a bunch of money and benefit a great cause. I'm signing up for more shifts just to keep busy.

I'm also starting to investigate day trip options. I have been keeping articles that I see online and will start to evaluate them. One of my first trips will be to Breedlove Road in Georgetown, CA. It's only about 54 miles from home (about 1 hour 10 minutes). Nothing particular there, other than the name. Curious. There is a "Robert Way" within walking distance of home that I've written about. The weather will have a lot to do with my timing. Right now, it's snowing in Georgetown and I don't necessarily want to chance that.

More on my adventures in retirement soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment