Tuesday, October 23, 2012

VMWare View Client on Android

At my "day job", I administer SharePoint and Windows systems. Tonight, I monitored a fall-forward of a system from one farm to another by using my Android tablet and the VMWare View Client. It actually worked pretty well and, along with a VDI desktop at work, can provide a viable alternative for remote access and administration. I have an Acer A100 (7") tablet and found that I was able to use the virtual mouse pad to move around the screen and see IE8, Outlook, and other tools easily. I did have to minimize the "clutter" on outlook to get a full view, but, other than that, things worked smoothly and well.

It will take some more experience before I can fully endorse this combination, but it is definitely useable.

No comments:

Post a Comment