Sunday, April 14, 2013

Find your "Why"

The best leaders lead with a “why” as oppose to a “what” or “how”.  ... Find your “why”.  Why do you do what you do?  Why should people care?  Why should people join, help, or be a part of your cause? ... Your “why” will be the anchor point for how you build relationships and who you build relationships with.

The Lazy Way to Build Relationships | Personal Branding Blog - Dan Schawbel

I like this thought. This article is about social media connections, specifically. But, if you know why you do something you can better identify and use the resources and connections you need to achieve your goal. I think we often do things just because everyone else is doing it, not because it moves us toward our goal.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone. I'm also guilty of not using this to motivate others in teams. If I can align the various" why's" of the team, I can better achieve the goal. I can use the various" why's" to move the project.

Look for the" why" and apply all the resources needed to achieve the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment