Saturday, September 14, 2013

Netbook Notes -- F11 Key

I'm liking this with Chromium. It allows me to get rid of all the clutter and work with the on-line apps like they are "apps" on the tablet. This, combined with the work space feature of Ubuntu, makes things very workable on this system. It's about the same speed as working on the tablet and, except for loading applications, it about as fast as my standard sized laptop.

I use the OneNote app and it's working well on this little guy. The only drawback to this is that I have to be connected to the web. This isn't much of a problem, normally, since I'm generally around WiFi, but could be an issue in remote locations. Unfortunately, OneNote, or a decent equivalent doesn't exist for Ubuntu. (HEY, developers, that's a hint. I'd buy it if it did!)

One interesting thing about using web applications is that I like Gmail/Calendar better on the web than I do the fat client on Ubuntu.

More later ...

1 comment:

  1. I use rekonq
    never chromium or firefox

    friendly

    ReplyDelete