Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ubuntu on my Netbook

I recently installed Ubuntu on my Netbook along site Windows XP. You'll remember I said in my list post here that my ideal netbook would have Microsoft OneNote. Obviously, Ubuntu would not meet that ideal, but I though before I went whole hog on that thought that I would need to evalute something else, just to be sure that it's really the right decision. I have found "Baskets" to replace OneNote. It's definitely not in the same class, but does provide interesting note taking capability.

I haven't spent much time with the operating system and I'm still learning its ins-and-outs, but it seems reasonable. I'm not sure it's much faster than XP on the Acer netbook, but it is acceptable. I use the FireFox browser and the netbook version of Ubuntu. I'm right now going through the update process which seems pretty painless. I'll let you know more as I work with the operating system and the applications on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment